- Backup Quicken data file. Copy files (there should be five) to a temporary, e.g. My Documents\quicken_bak.
- Install Quicken 2005. Note if you have to reinstall you might want to delete C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Quicken to reset the installation.
- When asked, download updates.
- When asked, run Quicken.
- Select the “I am new to Quicken” option because using the other option and trying to restore from backup doesn’t work.
- Select the “I want to choose a different name and location.” option and select My Documents\quicken\my_money.qdf or something like that.
- Exit the Quicken Setup.
- If you’re not asked to register then go to Help > Register but this is important, create a new Quicken.com account for this installation, otherwise you won’t be able to synchronize with your bank accounts. See this article for more information.
- Select File > Restore Backup File and choose the QDF file you downloaded before in Step 1. When asked if you wish to overwrite your current file say yes.
Sometimes customers want to see my name on the invoice, sometimes they only want to see betweenGo.
To change it, go to Company > Company Information… and change the Company Name field (either “Frank S. Kim” or “betweenGo”).